Estoy asombrada

 Asombrada. Asombro. Amazed. In awe. 

 These are the words that come to my mind when I look back through the pages of the chapter that is 2022. But it doesn't end there. I'm not simply amazed, left to ponder the reason behind the wonder and glory. No. I am amazed by the One who orchestrates my days to strengthen me and remind me of who He is. I am blown away by the Lord's impeccable timing. I am in awe of my God, who gives me sweet friends who encourage me through the hard times. I am astounded that my Father stands with me in the storms and still calls me lovely when I fall short of who He calls me to be. 

 As I am constantly amazed, I realize that Jesus Christ really is all I need. These things that amaze me are the proof. So, why do I feel so small and insecure when I scroll through Instagram, comparing my life to those around me? Because I lose focus of the truth. I don't need those comparisons. This is why I have decided to stop using Instagram and start blogging again. I'm not deleting it because as my brother so accurately pointed out, there are many, many, memories on my Instagram profile. It is neat to go back to the history by looking at my posts and collections of stories. I'll still be out there, and I may come back for a random post, but I won't be scrolling on Instagram nearly as much as I have been.  

 I will come here to update you on the things that are happening in my life, but more importantly, how I've been amazed by God lately. I enjoy writing and I know some of you would like to know these updates. That is definitely a benefit of social media, staying in touch with people and being updated on their lives. So, here you go. I plan to post every Sunday. 

 Well, because I am reflecting on the past year and I like to add pictures to my blog (but there isn't a good picture to go with the topic of this post), I'm going to add some pictures of some of my favorite moments of 2022.

Yay! Snow! 


My Josiah, my sweet Valentine's Date. We were laughing at ourselves trying to take a good selfie. 

We had a fun time with friends at the Africa Ball!



Sweet friends from Nigeria.

Celebrating our mama on Mother's Day.

The day my grandparents got to meet Josiah. We had Filipino food and played card games. 

My first time driving a U-Haul truck! I was glad to help my friend and roommate, Olivia, and we had some fun too!

A beautiful sunset at the end of a good day.

Another birthday picnic with such good friends. 

A weekend at Monte Sano State Park for prayer.

A breakfast picnic with some friends from Colombia.

We took a trip to Atlanta for some good food and good times together. 
                          
 It was hard to pick only a few pictures, but these were some good memories. 

 ~Kthnxbai!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Fundraising Journey

A Community through the Navigators

Una Nueva Aventura en España