Songs on My Mind

    My favorite part of going to church has always been worship and praise. I love being able to praise the Lord for who he is through singing and enjoying the music. Three songs come to mind when I think of what has been on my mind lately. The running theme throughout all of them is "I Am Yours" 

    I played these songs on guitar tonight and it was such a fun jam session/ worship session. I love playing music on guitar and singing... anyway, I had wanted to share my versions of the songs, but I haven't found a way to post them yet. So I've included the title and artist name, along with links to the songs on Youtube. 



    In the past few days, I've been amazed that the King of Kings loves his people despite their many flaws and mistakes. He loves no matter what happens. As it says in "I Am Yours" by NEEDTOBREATHE, "It seems like madness I'm invited to the table at [his] side." It truly does seem like madness. Craziness. Which leads to the reminder of how amazing it is. Me asombra. 



    Secondly comes the Lord's desire for his beloved to draw near. He longs for them to come home and know him more and more. To rest in his presence. One of my favorite songs that we sing some Sundays is called "Abide" by Dwell Songs. It says, "draw me close and teach me to abide". Abide means to remain or to stay. When we sing this one in church, we are longing for the Lord to draw us near to him and to show us daily how to remain in his presence. I am amazed that this is his desire!




     The last song that I was reminded of is called, "I Am Yours" by Lauren Daigle, and it brings us to the response. The song praises God's holy name, saying whatever happens around me and to me, I know that I belong to the powerful Creator of the universe. This has been one of my favorites songs to play, if not my very favorite, because I can sing it loud, at the top of my lungs. There's just something about the melody and truth in the lyrics that I can't get enough of. 


    This love from the Heavenly Father is where I find true life. This morning in church, I was reminded of the verse in John that says, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me" Come rest in his promises. To find true life. 

~Kthnxbai!

    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Fundraising Journey

A Community through the Navigators

Una Nueva Aventura en España